Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Former APS Charter School Superintendent and Principal, Danny Moon's 64 count felony indictment

If you go to the "case look up" for the 2nd Judicial District;
LINK and accept the disclaimer, then search using the case
number;D 0202 CR 0200802437

you will find the list of felony indictments against one
Danny Moon and dates that are apparently the dates of his
criminal activity; "alleged" criminal activity. ha!

count 1 racketeering
counts 2-4 fraud
counts 5-17 fraudulent use of a credit card
count 18 fraud
count 19 conspiracy fraud
count 20 fraud
count 21 conspiracy fraud
count 22-59 making or permitting false public voucher
count 60-63 fraud
count 64 embezzlement

I understand that Danny Moon was obviously indicted for
misconduct other than his student "ghosting" scheme,
and only some of these counts may apply to that.

But if some of these counts stem from "ghosting", why are
his fellow administrators, Bruce Smith and Bettina Eklund,
who must have known about the student "ghosting" scheme,
not being indicted as well?

Perhaps they cut a deal with the DA.

Perhaps they rolled over on Moon,
not to protect the public interests,
but in order to save their own necks.

2 comments:

Joseph Lopez said...

Nice work, Ched, you can't find this in the non-blog media.

Joseph Lopez said...

Wow, and they found enough to support Racketeering, that is AWESOME. I figured I had a RICO case when I first started trying to get Lovato and Romero to look at the evidence I had. I am SO glad R. Hammer is on this. She has done her job, I want her to win of course, but even if he weasles out of it, he will have to face a judge. Yes! I bet Prez put some time into investigating too, or whoever caught the case for the DA investigators - I had lots of holes in the case, I was working hurt and with no resources, so once R. Hammer and Prez went to town with some backing and resources...you get a 64 count indictment!

GOOD JOB DA's OFFICE! THANK YOU!