The Meyners Audit of the Financial Division of the APS
revealed one of two things;
a great deal of money has been wasted and stolen,
or a miracle has taken place.
Meyners wrote, in effect; that although
there was close to a billion tax dollars a year floating around;
And no one has said a word about what all of this has cost
- There have never been adequate written and financially sound policies and procedures in the APS Finance Division, and
- they have not followed what policies and procedures there were.
- Senior administrators were able to "encumber" more than $50K at a time; without involving "purchasing".
- Less senior administrators were able to "encumber" significant amounts of public money, but less than $50K, without involving "purchasing", and
- they haven't kept records accurate and complete enough, to send anyone to prison.
The kickback scandal in the Maintenance and Operations Division cost taxpayers almost a half a million dollars, and they were only playing with a small fraction of the billion dollars.
They have not said a word about any money being wasted or stolen; they haven't named a single name.
They won't tell you which of the vendors who paid for
the administrative soirée at the Inn of the Mountain Gods
benefited from the fast and loose dealing in the APS Finance Division.
They haven't said whether or not any information has been forwarded to District Attorney Kari Brandenburg, in order to see if any criminal charges are warranted.
If they are, taxpayers can expect the same response from Kari Brandenburg as she gave to the evidence of public corruption and criminal conspiracy in the leadership of the APS Police Department, and their felony criminal abuse of Darren White's NCIC data base.
Brandenburg will sit on the evidence for years and do nothing
to protect the public interest from criminal misconduct
by senior administrators and board members.
Some good ol' boys ass is being covered.
And a lot of your money is being wasted and stolen.
And there is nothing that you can do about it, except
torches, and pitchforks, and a storming of the castle.
all of us.