Wednesday, September 10, 2008

REQUEST FOR PUBLIC RECORDS

The following request for public records was just emailed to
APS Custodian of Public Records, Rigo Chavez.

A return receipt was requested (Mr. Chavez will have the opportunity to check a box on the email to let me know that he has received it. He will not because, as he says,

it's just not the way he rolls).
Winston Brooks will be copied.


To: Custodian of Public Records, Albuquerque Public Schools

From: Charles MacQuigg, address ____ phone __

This constitutes a request for all documents, papers, letters, books, maps, tapes, photographs, recordings and other materials, regardless of physical form or characteristics, that are used, created, received, maintained or held by or on behalf of any APS and relate to public business, whether or not the records are required by law to be created or maintained and excluding any records whose request is prohibited by any agreement between myself and APS.

Mr. Chavez,

This constitutes a request for public records surrounding the investigations of the Albuquerque Public Schools Police Department in and around January 2007. It includes a request for all public records of any investigations or audits that were made necessary in following through on a complete investigation of APS institutionally and individually.

With Gil Lovato's notice that he is dropping his suit against the APS, it should no longer be necessary for the APS to keep that report secret from public knowledge.

In particular, I am requesting the opportunity inspect the report from the private investigator of the scandal.

In particular, I am requesting any public records of public records that were surrendered to Bernalillo District Attorney Kari Brandenburg, or any other agency of law enforcement as a result of the investigations.

And, I insist that you accommodate my disability in allowing me to inspect and or copy them.

It is not your place to diagnose my disability. You do not have the authority to diagnose my disability.

The accommodation; that I be allowed to surrender a cash deposit, and that I be allowed to take and return the records to your office, is an absolutely reasonable accommodation.

The accommodation saves man hours and tax dollars.
There is no good and ethical reason to refuse that accommodation.
The refusal serves no purpose but to make it more expensive
for tax payers and more difficult for me to exercise my right
to inspect and or copy public records.

Please let me know at your earliest opportunity, if there is anything about this request
that makes it unworthy of your immediate compliance with the request.

cc Winston Brooks, Asst. NMAG Zachary Shandler

No comments: