Wednesday, November 11, 2009

APS Custodian of Public Records above the law?

A week ago, I emailed APS Custodian of Public Records Rigo Chavez, a formal request for public records. I seek all the public records of my illegal arrest at the November 4th board meeting.




This was the request, it was emailed to Chavez at 7pm November 4.


To: Custodian of Public Records, Albuquerque Public Schools
From: Charles MacQuigg, xxxxx

This constitutes a request for all public records surrounding my arrest at the November 4th Regular Board Meeting.

This request includes, but is not limited to the following;

* recordings of the incident; any type of video or audio recording devices in the board room, lobby and north parking lot.
* the APS Police Department incident report on the incident.
* every other record covered by the spirit of the NMIPRA.
* for any record covered by the spirit of the NMIPRA, and not surrendered; its full identity and, the specific exception to the spirit of the NMIPRA, that applies.

I prefer DVD for the electronic records.

I don't want another copy of a copy of a copy of a copy.
I expect the cleanest copy of all records, that I am entitled to under the spirit of the law.

Please let me know when it is ready to pick up.


According to the law, Chavez had three business days to respond.

In fairness, his response may be lost in the snail mail.
Chavez steadfastly refuses to use email, insisting instead
on the US Mail.

When asked why he won't respond to requests for receipt that accompany emails, and why he won't respond by email, he says, that's just not the way he rolls.

Neither Winston Brooks, nor Marty Esquivel will admit to
ordering the illegal arrest.

Public servants?

... hardly.




photo Mark Bralley

No comments: