Friday, June 01, 2007

my letter to DA Brandenburg

Ma'am,

I have reason to believe that APS sent you only the results of their own internal audit. If those are the only public records that you have of investigations into the alleged criminal misconduct of the leadership of the APS, you needn't prepare them for inspection or copying as per the request for public records.

I am concerned though, that evidence of criminal misconduct is being withheld from your consideration.

I would respectfully ask that, you insist upon unfettered access to the results of the January independent investigation of the alleged public corruption and criminal conspiracy in the leadership of the APS; and to any other investigations of their alleged criminal misconduct.

Respectfully,

ched macquigg

Update: District Attorney Brandenburg called me on the phone to explain that the public records given her by APS, are not subject to the IPRA once her investigation is begun. She is apparently right. She did assure me that she would ask APS to surrender the results of the outside investigation of the APSPD; which are currently be hidden from her office, by the leadership of the APS.

No comments: