Wednesday, May 06, 2009

There was an incident at the public forum this evening.

At the beginning of the public forum, the board secretary
reads the rules that speakers must follow in order to be allowed
an opportunity to exercise their constitutionally protected
human right to petition their government.

Speakers can either speak at the public forum, or they can
speak to a specific agenda item. Speakers are in fact,
"encouraged" to wait until their issue comes up on the agenda.

I informed the secretary that I wished to exercise my right to
speak immediately after Monica Armenta had finished her
portion of the board meeting. I was assured that that was
acceptable.

Board President
Marty Esquivel

took it upon
himself to call
upon me before
Armenta's

presentation.

I told him that it
was my preference
to follow Armenta.





He informed me that he was not going to allow it.
When I asked if he minded if I asked why, he said "no",
but, apparently he did, because he didn't answer the question.

I have emailed him and asked him to provide a good and ethical
reason for what appears to be an egregious abuse of power.

He has no right to prevent my petition of my government,
on the subject of Armenta's presentation.

He is a famous open government lawyer.
Apparently the law allows this kind of abuse.

The Student Standards of Conduct do not.

Were he actually and honestly accountable as a role model of
the Student Standards of Conduct,
he could be held accountable for his conduct.

Which is why he has no intention of ever being held honestly
accountable as a role model of the Pillars of Character Counts!
or of telling the truth about why he will not.




photo Mark Bralley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang it! This means the meeting probably won't air, or at least with sound.

ched macquigg said...

good point.
I guess we find out Saturday.