Wednesday, May 27, 2009

APS news conferences are "private" affairs

At nine thirty yesterday morning, I sent the following email
to APS Director of Communications, Rigo Chavez.

Mr. Chavez,

Per our conversation;
Please add my name to the list of people who are
contacted with regard to news conferences.

Please confirm that you have accommodated this request.

gfytaa

ched macquigg
This email was "necessary" because when I stood face to face
with him, a few days before, he would not simply take my
request, insisting instead, that I had to make a request in writing.

Never the less, I was not notified of yesterday's news
conference where Winston Brooks revealed that APS had
lost and "found" $16M.

This follows by about a week or so, APS throwing the free press,
me, out of a news conference because I am not the "press". link

I am the press, of course. The rights protected by the
First Amendment, do not depend on Monica Armenta's
personal approval. Nor are they contingent upon the approval
of anyone else in the leadership of the APS.

APS is denying the opportunity to exercise First Amendment
rights in order to control the "spin" on the truth.

Shame on them.

No comments: