Thursday, May 07, 2009

"... if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

According to Abraham Lincoln;

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to
test a man's character, give him power."
Marty Esquivel was given the power to run APS school board
meetings.

He used that power to prevent my exercise of my
constitutionally protected human rights to free speech, and
to petition my government.

He used his power to keep me from addressing anything
that APS Executive Director of Communications,
Monica Armenta had said during her presentation to the
board and to the public.

He used his power to keep me from pointing directly to
deliberately misleading statements that were fresh in the minds
of the audience.

Marty Esquivel abused the power that has been entrusted
to him.

Marty Esquivel used the power entrusted to him to create or
leave the impression that the leadership of the APS is being
honest with stakeholders, that the leadership of the APS is
telling the truth to stakeholders.

Marty Esquivel used the power entrusted to him to evade
accountability to any standard of conduct that
"... precludes all acts, including half-truths, out-of-context
statements, and even silence, that are intended to create
beliefs or leave impressions that are untrue or misleading."
-APS Student Standards of Conduct-




Marty Esquivel had
his character tested.



He came up short.












Photo Mark Bralley



UPDATE: Marty Esquivel responded to my offer to allow him
to post a good and ethical justification for his conduct.

I wrote;
Mr. Esquivel,

If you have reconsidered, and would like to offer some
good and ethical reason for your denying me the
opportunity guaranteed all speakers, who are
"encouraged" to stay and speak a particular item on the
agenda. I will include it in the post about your conduct
this evening.

In the absence of a good and ethical reason, I intend to
write that what you did was an abuse of power, and all
that that implies.
Esquivel replied;
"You were given the opportunity to speak on the item.
It was not an action item."
I responded by sending him a link to this post.

To which he responded;
"I don't communicate through blogs. Sorry."

I consider my obligation to cc him, met.

No comments: