Friday, June 27, 2008

Second amendment rights affirmed

A well regulated Militia,
being necessary to the security of a free State,
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms,
shall not be infringed.
Proponents would argue that this language gives
law abiding citizens the right to own guns.

Opponents would argue that this language gives that right
only to citizens who are members of "well regulated militias".

I would argue that if there were as many crackheads,
tweekers, and lowlifes in Philadelphia then,
as there are now;
they would have written;

A well regulated militia, and the need to be able to defend
one's self against crackheads, tweekers and lowlifes,
being necessary to the security of citizens in a free state,

the right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

A well regulated militia was never represented to be the only reason for protecting citizens rights to own guns;
it was just one of the best reasons at the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A well regulated militia, and the need to be able to defend
one's self against crackheads, tweekers and lowlifes,

LMAO` Could be included in new contract language for teachers!

Unknown said...

Don't Tread on Me

I have always liked that one. Just let me raise my slithering young and don;t freaking step on us. That is all early Americans asked, well the European ones that told the actual natives something else...

Um, YEAH - So, the right to bear arms. Arming Bears. Is there a left side of arming bears? They have big teeth aleady, and huge nasty claws, why give them GUNS?!?

Oh! got it, the arming of HUMANS. Well, humans with good eyesight and IQs above a certain level should be the base pool, but there shuld be one more. Emotional IQ. There are mind-toddlers walking around in adult bodies, lots of TBIs and the ravages that they bring.

I got hit in the head real hard in 2004, and APD won't give me my gun back STILL. So, they are keeping me from one of my firearms for some reason. It is SWEET - the same one I used to carry for alarm response to the school at night, a 9mm, 15 mag capacity, decocker. P89dc, a very nicely machined and RUGGED firearm. and I can't get it back!

If I had not gotten the head injury I would be perplexed. But even now, no one has taken my other guns away from me. They just refuse to return the one I got arrested with.

Joseph Lopez