Sunday, June 15, 2008

APS Modrall surrenders records, sort of.

The New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act link
warrants my right to inspect and or copy public records.

I have asked for those records which will paint an accurate
picture of the litigations done by Paula Maes' Modrall, and
how much taxpayers paid for that litigation.

I expect that the record will show that;
APS Modrall
has litigated against the public interest on many,
many occasions;

for no other reason than to except the leadership of the APS
from accountability, even to the law.

The records that I have asked for currently exist in the form
of files stored in a computer somewhere.

The records could be copied onto a CD or two, and then
given to me in exchange for an equal number of blank disks.

Instead;

the leadership of the APS will have Modrall turn every page
of every one of those files into a hard copy; printed on paper.

They will likely charge APS; taxpayers, fifty cents per page;
roughly ten times as much as Kinko's would charge
for the same copy.

I have been promised "thousands of pages" of public records.

Assume that means only 2K.

Modrall will make a thousand dollars serving the public
only in the capacity of an extraordinarily expensive copy
house. And at least some of that money makes it into the
bank account of Paula Maes and her husband; the president
of the Modrall.

The records will be sent, likely, by a courier service;
again at ridiculous and unjustifiable expense to taxpayers.

Rigo Chavez will then be paid about three times what
a teacher makes; to make an appointment with me,
in order that he can watch over me, as I read,

and to make sure I don't surrender my integrity,
my credibility and my honor, in order to steal one of those
pages rather than pay for a copy.

It makes no difference that I suffer a great deal of anxiety
in the presence of APS administrators and board members
in situations where there are not tens of witnesses;

and have made it clear that this is not my preference for
the circumstances under which I will be allowed to exercise
my rights as guaranteed under the NMIPRA.

Then Rigo Chavez will charge me fifty cents a page to copy
public records, and probably shoot an extra copy of each
in order Modrall will know exactly which documents
I will try use in my effort to expose their corruption.

If this is not an effort to obfuscate the surrender of public records;

if this in not a effort to harass and intimidate me,
in retaliation for asking for the opportunity
to inspect and or copy public records;

if this is not diametrically opposite to the intention and the
purpose of the Inspection of Public Records Act

... what in the hell is? ??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, they feel they are above the law.
Second, when called on the carpet, they will make obstacles, and skip around actually following the law.
Third, they don't respect the intent, spirit and purpose of the laws.
LAST, why would these types of people ever allowed to shape cchildren's futures, directly or indirectly?!?!
Amazingly horrid!

Anonymous said...

My money is on you Ched. You have outlasted most of them, playing the game of trying to make life miserable for anyone who dares to question their authority. Go for it, then publish it here!