Friday, July 31, 2009

Heinrich's non-answer worse than no answer.

I was very upset to hear that Rep Martin Heinrich had been asked a legitimate question and chose to not tell the truth in response, link.

In an effort to make sure that my complaint was valid, I took advantage of an opportunity on Heinrich's website to email questions to his office. I asked for an explanation of his refusal to respond to the legitimate question about the input that he was receiving on the health care reform issue; candidly, forthrightly and honestly.

I made it very clear in my email, that I was not looking for an explanation of his position on health care reform legislation; that instead, I wanted an justification of his decision to keep the truth about the public input that he was receiving, secret.

He (whomever answers his emails) decided to go ahead and send me a position paper on health care reform. He signed off with;

"As always, I value your input and hope you will continue to keep me informed of the issues important to you."
Apparently he doesn't value my input enough to acknowledge yet another legitimate question, by responding candidly, forthrightly and honestly.




photo Mark Bralley

No comments: