Monday, August 24, 2009

$50,000,000,000.00 in waste, fraud and abuse.

Of every one of your tax dollars, some average number of
cents will go missing.

I will concede a statistical possibility that there is a government
agency somewhere which has not lost even one cent, however

It is far more likely; that in every agency, there will be some number of cents gone missing.

I will pull, not entirely out of my ass, the figure, 5. I assume
that of every one of my tax dollars, five cents will end up in
some asshole's pocket or a landfill. Some traitor will have
betrayed mine and the public's trust, and stolen or wasted
at least one nickel.

Given a 5% loss, if we spend a trillion dollars on health care
reform, $50,000,000,000.00 will be wasted by the
corrupt and the incompetent politicians into whose hands
we will be compelled to place our trillion dollars.

All we have to do to prevent this otherwise inevitability is to
subject spending to continuous, transparent, forensic auditing.

If we spend 1% of the trillion to protect the other 99% from
being ripped off, we will make money.

If we spend $10B on continuous forensic auditing of
a trillion dollars, we will save $40,000,000,00.

Point to any other place where you can get a 4 to 1 return on
your tax dollar. Point to another place where you can save
forty billion dollars.

An added benefit would be that the competence of public
service will rise to its potential.

Imagine; efficient government.

This argument applies to ending the culture of corruption and incompetence in state government as well.

If we spend 1%, we will save 4. Of our $6B state budget,
we talking about saving 240 million dollars give or take.

At the level of city government, we are talking about
saving 50 million dollars. In this particular case, 5% is
probably low of a number to use, by as much as a factor
of 5.

At the level of the Albuquerque Public Schools,
we are talking about saving 70 million dollars.

At the national level, unless you assume that the idea of the effective auditing of spending, has not occurred to President Barack Obama, he is in opposition.

At the state level, Governor Bill Richardson is in opposition to continuous forensic auditing.

At the city level, Mayor Marty Chavez opposes impartial auditing of his administration of the public trust and treasure.

At the level of the Albuquerque Public Schools; School Board President and Open Government lawyer, Marty Esquivel would be your guy.

From the highest elected office to the lowest, there is not one of them who will tell you the honest to God truth, about what they're doing with your power and your resources.

photos Mark Bralley

No comments: