Thursday, April 12, 2007

Rigo Chavez, APS' senior role model for honesty in communications

will not respond to my request for public records.

Within the request I asked that he acknowlege his receipt of the request and that it met his requirements as APS' custodian of public records.

He of course did not, he normally does not create any paper trail that might be used against him or the APS.

Nor has he responded to my follow up phone call. You cannot of course, actually get him on the phone; as with most APS administrators, he doesn't actually answer his phone; the caller is instead compelled to leave another message in APS electronic round file. This provides plausible deniability; his state of the art voice mail somehow did not forward my message to him.

I could, I suppose, drive over to his office; but he has a screener there as well. If you get past the screener and actually see him face to face; a note will be made in your file at the modral law firm; ""so and so" barged into the frightened Mr. Chavez's office, unannounced and without an appointment, demanding resolution in a threatening and intimidating manner... yada yada yada."

been there, done that.

(update, apparently as a result of this post, Rigo Chavez responded by phone at approx. 11:30. He answered my questions about Beth Everitt and Tom Savage's salaries and workday/years.
Everitt earns 180K, Savage 120K, both for a 260 day year. No rest for the weary (including federal holidays), apparently.

Chavez then indicated that he would not furnish public records about EOSO complaints about Gil Lovato, suggesting that they were not in fact public records. Since that is not my impression, after earnest study of the NMIPRA; I told him that I would require a justifying citation. He indicated that he understood my objection and would respond to it.)

No comments: