Monday, October 05, 2009

Denish's plea for even more money, makes no sense.

Lt Governor Diane Denish says she can stop negative campaigning in the race for the governor's office. All you have to do is to send her more money.

According to blogger Burgos, link, the Journal ran the following for Denish in their Friday online Journal;

"Stand with me against the screaming and the insults," said Denish, who added that a contribution of $25, $50 or $100 would help her "put her foot down and say 'enough is enough!'"
How exactly, is Denish going to put an end to "the screaming and insults"? The only scenario I can imagine, if Denish managed to accumulate enough money; ten, twenty, thirty million dollars, at some point all of her opposition would see the futility of trying to compete against her and simply drop out of the race, ending the screaming and the insults.

Short of that, how does piling more money into Denish's already overflowing war chest have any effect at all on the tone of the campaign?

I have an idea. Send me some money; $25, $50, or $100. Stand with me in ending cold winters. Any contribution will help me put my foot down on cold winters; not just here in New Mexico, but around the world.

No comments: