Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Asking the Governor a question, just for drill.

I am cynical. I don't expect a response. Nevertheless, I have
submitted a question directly to the Governor via his website.


Sir,
I think that it is fair to say, the average New Mexican thinks that state government is not as efficient as it could be. And further that, if government was as efficient as it could be, a great deal of money would be saved. If you accept that premise, then would you please respond to the following question.

Why will you not order every state agency to be audited by "efficiency experts" who will go over each division with a fine tooth comb, and report to taxpayers, any inefficiencies they find?
Now we will see whether my cynicism is warranted.

UPDATE; At 10:40 I received the following message.
Ironically, my email program identified it as "probable spam".
Mr. Macquigg
This is to acknowledge receipt of your message and
advise that it has been forwarded for review.
Thank you for contacting Governor Bill Richardson.

No comments: