Thursday, April 17, 2008

Marty Esquivel can not even look me in the eye

I took an opportunity to address the school board last night.

The public forum is still off the record, so I chose to speak to the adoption of the agenda in order to speak on the record.

I encouraged board member Delores Griego to stand up for her belief that the board should have another discussion on school board ethics, by voting not to accept the agenda.

I encouraged board member Marty Esquivel to join Griego in voting not to accept another agenda that does not include a candid, forthright and honest discussion of the ethics and accountability crisis in the leadership of the APS.

Esquivel could not, or would not even look me in the eyes.

Then Mary Lee Martin, and finally Gordon Rowe.

Not one of them would vote against adopting the agenda.

There is a recurring opportunity for four members of the board to force a candid, forthright and honest discussion of ethics, standards and accountability, administrative role modeling, and the first annual Administrative Accountability Audit.

There is apparently, not a single board member with the character and/or the courage to stand up and demand that stakeholders be told the truth.

If there is another possible explanation for their failure,
I cannot imagine it, and not one of them will suggest it.

Shame on them all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering if turncoat Marty cut a deal with Maes/modrell. It would work like taking turns being board president. Which ever one is serving as President, their law firm would get to gouge APS. That may be why Paula had Marty's back in the last election.

Anonymous said...

When I read this post I wonderd if there would again be some sort of "foul up" in getting this one on the air Sat night in light of you circumventing the public forum. Imagine my surprise to find, yet again, it was not aired. You have them on the ropes, Ched. Keep up the good work.