Sunday, November 02, 2008

Security ramped up at APS' Uptown Complex

I have oft encouraged stakeholders to tour the Uptown digs
of the leadership of the APS. I think they should see the
opulent offices where men sit and decide that there is not
money enough left over, to give the poor EAs a raise.

The tour will now be harder to accomplish.

Responding to "a high number of transients" using facilities
inappropriately and leaving messes, the leadership has decided
to ramp up security on the building. Visitors now have to
enter through the front of the building and surrender their
drivers license in exchange for a visitor pass.

I was not required to declare my destination, since I had
been cut off on the way into a scheduled board meeting,
but I would not be surprised to find that destination declaration
will be part of the piece, and that anyone who declares that
they want to inspect for opulence through out the building will
find their plan rejected.

Following Monday, story in the Journal; link

No comments: