Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Does your APS board member vote?

I am always intently interested when votes are taken at board meetings.

They rarely have a roll call vote.
Robert Lucero
is want to call for one if he wants to punctuate
his position on some issue or another.

In a voice vote, the chair demands;

all in favor say, I.
And then;
all opposed, same sign.


I watch their lips.

I swear that I have seen board members not vote at all
on more than one occasion.

I won't say who because I don't trust my eyesight,
and because they usually face down when they vote.
I might be wrong.

But I'm pretty sure that I'm not.

I think that if roll call votes are such a bother
that they won't use them,

perhaps they could meet stakeholders half way, and
at least raise their hands.


All in favor, say I.

No comments: