Sunday, February 28, 2010

"teabagging"

"Teabagging" has a (vulgar) sexual connotation, wikilink.

It is that connotation that the folks on the back side of Democracy for New Mexico, link, have in mind when they use the term to disparage members of the Tea Party. Alternately, you will hear them argue that Rush Limbaugh, when he uses the term "Democrat" Party, has gone beyond the pale.

The Albuquerque Tea Party has standards, link. They include;

Attack policies, not people.
The irony is, of course, that they, those who disparage "teabaggers", are not willing to hold themselves honestly accountable to the same high standards of those they would disparage.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm into satyr and that's actually the first time I've heard that connection.
My apologies, but I laughed and laughed on that one. Not with any disrespect to conservative Americans.. but that some pervy happy-go-lucky would make that linguistical crossover.

Jerry said...

Humm ... "Anonymous" MUST be an honest person ... I don't know many who'd admit what he or she admitted ...

sa·tyr (str, str)
n.
1. often Satyr Greek Mythology A woodland creature depicted as having the pointed ears, legs, and short horns of a goat and a fondness for unrestrained revelry.
2. A licentious man; a lecher.
3. A man who is affected by satyriasis.
4. Any of various butterflies of the family Satyridae, having brown wings marked with eyelike spots.

My apologies, but I laughed and laughed on that one. Not with any disrespect to liberal Americans ... but that some pervy happy-go-lucky satyr would make that linguistic confession.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha... so my spelling sucks. You got me on that one Jerry.
But that made me have a good laugh too.. so thanks.
2 word faux paux (I probably spelled that wrong too?) today on me.
Satyr....satire.... funny!