Sunday, February 28, 2010

ATP Gubernatorial forum well executed

Say what you want about the Tea Party, they can throw a gubernatorial forum.

They apparently have little trouble lining up volunteers who will actually show up somewhere and work; the forum went off without a hitch.

I took issue with several of them over the decision to not release the straw poll results to the public. I understand their objections, but in the end, I come down in favor of complete transparency. I think, at the end of the day, one is more likely to regret telling too little truth, than too much.

Apparently, they are not forcing any restriction on the candidates, so I expect the poll results will be made public in short order; I cannot imagine the "winner" keeping the secret for long.

Again, kudos to the Tea Party for their investment, and for a well run forum.

No comments: