Friday, September 14, 2007

When I was running for the school board

I tried to create a circumstance where candidates for the board would have to respond on the record, to a very specific question; none would.

The question was; Within your public service,

Will you hold yourself honestly accountable to meaningful standards of conduct and competence, by a system over which you have no control, and even against your will?
I was never able to compel another candidate to answer the question. Nobody has ever answered that question but me.

What do you suppose is the chance of getting candidates for the superintendency to answer that question on the record?

Would they commit to annual accountability audits of their administration of the public trust and treasure in the APS?


My bet is that they will never be asked.

No comments: