Friday, January 16, 2009

Was APS Superintendent Tom Savage fired?

I was talking with APS Superintendent Winston Brooks
this morning.

I was reminding him that the evidence of felony criminal
misconduct involving senior APS administrators,
and the APS Police Department, was being hidden from
criminal prosecution.

The look on his face indicated to me that,
it was news to him.

I will ask him later, what he has found out.



It has been suggested that there was indeed
a senior APS administrator held accountable for the mess in the
APS Police Department; it was Tom Savage.


Except that Tom Savage "retired" with honors.

And when APS administrators who have had a hand in
suppressing evidence of felony criminal misconduct,
have their names written in history, Tom Savage's name
will not be among them.

School Board Candidate Paula Maes once boasted that
she would never allow any audit that would name the names
of the corrupt and the incompetent in the leadership of the APS

"... like for example, Tom Savage"
Thursday, August 16, 2007


And damned if she didn't.



And how do you get her,
as a candidate for the school board,
to explain exactly what she meant?

Why has there never been an audit that named names?


The media obviously isn't going to ask Paula Maes,
the President of the N M Broadcasters Association,

to explain her remark, or to explain why they won't allow
an honest, impartial forensic administrative standards and
accountability audit

as soon as is humanly possible.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a very honest email communication from Paula Maes. She is, to my genuine surprise, a down to Earth cool lady, I now hope she is not in cahoots with crooks.

Really. She was like, honest and shot stright from the hip.

I have to rethink this. I am not under any duress, she did not sick the cops on me or anything. I sure as Hell am not getting any employement there after this! So, that is not a motivation to be nice to the lady either. I just like the honesty, really, refreshing from a politician in NM.

And the APS Cops have been cool too. Not a whiner in the bunch. Things might actually be looking up at APS. And the Internal Audit people, they said they were going to discuss my concerns at a meeting before a month was up.

This is progress, right? People can raise their hands, ask if they are getting robbed, and then not get the cop who they asked pissed off at them instead of the alleged robber, right? Real, true, progress. Nice.

Anonymous said...

Anyone who condones parents "getting in the faces of teachers" unconditionally is not honorable, professional, kind or thoughtful. I have also seen interviews on TV w/ PAula MAes and I am not impressed,
I respect others opinions, but little will change me on the sour feeling I developed on some of PAula's rhetoric.

Anonymous said...

Paula Maes lost me years ago. She is the poster gal for the shady lady. Luckily I live in her district, and I vote. She is not going to like the way I vote. Get in teacher's faces indeed.