Thursday, July 15, 2010

APS Police Chief resigns amid allegation of a cover up

APS Police Chief Bill Reed
will resign in August, link.

By all accounts, he has done
an excellent job during the
last three years.

Except for one thing;
the ongoing "cover up" of
the scandal that created
the opening he filled, link.

I would like to make it clear that I do not hold him personally responsible for the cover up.













That onus falls upon the leadership of the APS; APS Supt Winston Brooks and School Board President Marty Esquivel.

Reed
has denied, on more than one occasion, that there is a cover up. I have argued; it looks like a duck, it walks like a duck, and it is quacking like a duck.

We have agreed to disagree.

At least one fact remains, the whole truth has never been published in any forum; even the Journal steadfastly refuses to follow up on its own report.

It has been more than three years since the APS Police Department began its self investigation of allegations of the involvement of senior APS administrator in felony criminal misconduct. The publicly funded private police force, APS' Praetorian Guard, is still investigating. Statutes of limitation have expired long since, and the evidence tying senior APS administrators to the felony criminal misconduct still has not been surrendered to the DA, despite APS' years old promise to do exactly that.

The relationship between Reed and me, started off on rocky ground. It was he, and a subordinate, who arrested me for standing in the back of the board room wearing an elephant mask in an effort to bring attention to the elephant in the APS Boardroom, the ethics and accountability scandal that no one, but me, wants to talk about. The scandal that the Journal steadfastly refuses to investigate and report upon.

He arrested me once again, link, for asking board members and administrators legitimate questions, during the public forum; questions they would rather not acknowledge; inconvenient questions.

We disagree on whether I was "arrested"; no charges were ever filed. I deny not only having done anything illegal, but that I did anything even unethical. I did nothing that I would not be proud to do in front of the thousands of student who I tried to convince that, their Character Counts!

I wish Reed, the best of luck in whatever endeavor he pursues, asking only that he close the books on the allegations of public corruption and incompetence in the APS Police Department, before he goes.

cc Bill Reed upon posting.





photos Mark Bralley

No comments: