Wednesday, March 30, 2011

APS' DoIA and DoC don't have their stories straight

There is an inconsistency in the responses to my inquiry as to a list of all (non-financial) audits of the leadership of the APS in the last twelve years.

APS' Director of Communications
Rigo Chavez implies there is
no such thing;

"I don't know that the district
maintains lists of audits other than
those regarding fiscal audits."

At $75K a year, we're supposed
to believe; he just doesn't know.




APS Director of Internal Audits
Margret Koshmider's response
implies there is such a thing;

"I have started working on your request,..."







Problematic; the rest of her response;

"... but need to ask you to route it through
Rigo Chavez as it is a public records request."
It is not up to the person who fields a question, to decide whether it falls under the auspices of the NM Inspection of Public Records Act. It is up to the person who asks.

And, who in their right mind would want to engage all the loopholes, technicalities and "legal" weaselry the district will use to avoid responding candidly, forthrightly and honestly?

Witness their success in hiding the Caswell Report from public knowledge by playing games with the Act.

My question commands a response under higher standards of conduct than the law; which is but the lowest standard of conduct accepted by civilized human beings.

I responded to Koshmider as follows;
It is not a public records request unless I make it one, and I have not. I am simply asking for information.

Rigo Chavez has effectively denied the existence of any such list, so it will do little good to route the request through him anyway.

If there is someone else in your department that can handle this simple request, I have no need to further occupy you. I would be happy to correspond with anyone who will answer my legitimate questions candidly, forthrightly, and honestly.

grateful for your time and attention
Koshmider is the subject of a complaint filed with APS Ethical Advocate, link.

The leadership of the APS would like interest holders to believe that Ethical Advocate offers them an opportunity to file legitimate complaints against administrators and board members, and expect their complaint to see due process.

I file a legitimate complaint every once in a while,
and prove its not true.





photos Mark Bralley

No comments: