Thursday, July 31, 2008

I've always found this amusing

from the negotiated agreement between APS teachers and
the district;

Basic equipment for a teacher shall include a teacher's
desk and chair, a secure file cabinet and a bookshelf.
It seems to me that those would pursue one of the most
important jobs in any civilization, would be afforded more
than a desk, a chair, a file cabinet, and a bookshelf.

Apparently, teachers are still required to furnish
their own bucket of coal.

I would add to teachers' rights;
the right to participate meaningfully
in decisions that affect their interests.


This would stand in diametric opposition to
Winston Brooks'
plan to move all decision making power into the twin towers;

the edifice of corruption and incompetence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never had a "secure" filing cabinet. I'm going to rant and rave now! LOL

Anonymous said...

In 5 years I've never had a secure filing cabinet either!