Monday, July 14, 2008

And still, no answer to the question.

Of late, I have been the subject of a great deal of personal
abuse in public forums, and in comments on this blog.

Yet in all of that abuse,
no one has ever advanced any reasoned argument that
controverts any of mine.

No one in the APS;
no senior administrator, no board member, no member of
their million dollar a year Communications Department.

No one will answer the questions except by trying to belittle me for asking them.

I cannot make sense of it.


The leadership of the APS steadfastly refuses to offer any
candid, forthright and honest response to any question about;

  • administrative role modeling of the student standard of conduct
  • administrative standards of conduct and competence, or
  • administrative accountability to those standards.
and somehow I am the bad guy.

How can their refusal be interpreted as anything but a vindication of everything that I have ever written about role modeling, or standards, or accountability?


How are they able always to keep attention on the messenger, and off of the message?


Except in the interests of those
  • who would escape the obligations of role modeling,
  • who would maintain meaningless standards of conduct and competence, and
  • who would escape accountability to those standards,

... no matter what?



Perhaps if I were not standing alone;
I would not appear to be so "crazy".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ched, it's my observation for you and for myself, the closer you hit the truth, the more "villainized" you will be, and all the @$#%^%^% will go on the attack in proportion to the danger of the truth you espouse.
I've been following your blog for awhile and I know something about human personalities.
Many in APS Admin will not read your blog, and will pass it off as rubbish. they rationalize this as you being paranoid or looney. The only time they will really react is when you get to close to exposing a new truth. And I would bet in most cases, it's because someone says to them "Have you read what they said about you in the blog? Is thaT TRUE?"
Their "groupies" in the media face a different, mandatory, dislike to your discourses. If things you said are proven to be true and heads role, then they must assent that you were more informed than them, and why couldn't they, as professionals, have listened to you all those years? They will indeed look like jackasses.
Many teachers love your blog, some won't read it because they don't "want to get involved". Unfortunately, many haven't ever seen your blog. Did you ever consider a billboard for your blog? I'd pitch $$ in for that.
Lastly, thanks for doing more for us than that @#$%$$@ Union I put so much money into.

ched macquigg said...

thank you for your kind attention
ched