Thursday, October 11, 2007

NMIPRA tested

I am still trying to find out what really happened as a result of the public corruption and criminal conspiracy in the leadership of the APS (police department).

I am trying to get Darren White to surrender public records. Bernalillo County Attorney Jeffrey Landers is the lawyer who is supposed to be representing for the public interests; but instead is the point man for the effort to keep public records from public knowledge.

This is a letter in response to a letter he sent to the Attorney General's Office. In that letter, he defended the legal weaselry that allowed him to deny my request for public records.

Dear Ms. Valicenti,

I write to you in response to a letter sent to you,
dated June 26, 2007, and from Bernalillo County Attorney Jeffrey Landers.

From the rules of civil procedure;

These rules shall be construed and administered to secure the just, speedy and inexpensive determination of every action.

There are lawyers more expert than this old shop teacher, at using the law to delay justice. I am relying upon your office to protect my right to a just, speedy and inexpensive determination on my complaint; which is that I am being denied my right in inspect and or copy public records.

The public records in question relate to criminal misconduct by public officials. Specifically, public resources were used to do illegal criminal background checks. Those involved include; public employees in the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office, and the board and administration of the Albuquerque Public Schools.

I want to inspect and or copy those public records. If they are to be redacted; I would have them redacted honestly and ethically.

The leadership of the sheriff’s department and the Albuquerque Public Schools know exactly what public records are involved. Lawyer Landers would have me produce specifics about those records that I don’t have. I have no idea, for example, when the criminal behavior took place; because he and those he represents, are keeping it secret.

I cannot frame this complaint in words that lawyer Landers cannot twist to his advantage.

This complaint will or will not receive a principled resolution at the hands of the Attorney General’s Office;

If in order to achieve that result, I have to out legal weasel, the legal weasels; this whole exercise is a waste of time.

Please forward this letter to Attorney General King; not by way of any complaint about you, but because he has, I believe indicated his personal interest in this case.

I am grateful for your time and attention.

Charles “Ched” MacQuigg

c.c Landers and Diogenes’six
These are the same public records that APS/Modrall
and District Attorney Kari Brandenburg are secreting from public knowledge by use of the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act's loopholes and technicalities.

No comments: