Thursday, October 14, 2010

OK here's proof

I am asked always to point to 20 second soundbites that prove my case. It is a challenge.

One has popped up.

There is the appearance of
conflicts of interest regarding
School Board President
Marty Esquivel's

service to stakeholders







and his service to Bruce Malott
and his Meyners +Co.















I will ask for all public records that reflect Esquivel's conduct with respect to disclosing all of his conflicts of interest, and whether he has recused himself appropriately from votes that benefit his friends and clients.

If past practice is any indicator of future performance, APS Custodian of Public Records, Director of Communications Rigo Chavez will;

  • ignore the return receipt request that accompanies the emailed Request for Public Records, and
  • he will refuse to communicate by email; he uses snail-mail as a matter of "practice", then
  • he will insist that I have to come to his office in order that he can watch me inspect them, but only after,
  • the APS police show up to hassle me a little, and then
  • he charges 50 cents a page, though the law limits his take to "legitimate costs" of copying. That is assuming the records are actually there,
  • he often feigns ignorance of the law in order to stall.
  • He rarely produces the records specifically identified in the request. In response to request for audio or video recordings, he routinely surrenders blank or otherwise unusable information.
  • He once gave me a recording of a TV playing the recording I had asked for.
As a recently joined member of the New Mexico Foundation for Open Government I would like to nominate Mr Rigo Chavez as the foundation's Dixon Award as their next true champion of transparency.

I digress.

I will ask for the public records which pertain to Esquivel's conflicts of interest and response to them.

The will either respond to a legitimate question candidly, forthrightly and honestly, as required by their obligation to "... model and promote the Pillars of Character Counts!"

or not.




photos Mark Bralley

1 comment:

ched macquigg said...

slewseattle@rocketmail.com,

Thank you for your ad hominem attacks and the vindication they imply.

I am encouraged that you can cite no error; neither in my facts nor my logic.