Monday, August 06, 2007

Why I won't exercise my right to petition my government in a public forum that is not on the record.

The last four times that I tried to do that I was a bona fide candidate for the School Board.

I was acting well within legal and ethical standards.

I was removed on four different occasions by members of a publicly funded private police force acting illegally at the behest of Paula Maes.

I was actually threatened with violence.

Some of it was filmed by local media; I am going to say both KOB and KRQE; but I will bow to controverting fact.

Neither would broadcast the tapes.

I believed and still do, that it was do to the influence of Paula Maes, who happens to be the President of the New Mexico Broadcasters Association.

The Journal and the Trib were there; they chose not to report on any of the incidents; again I suspect, in deference to Paula Maes, Modrall, et al.

It was reported on the Internet by a respected local blogger.

I have ridden the horse of standing up at public forums for as far as I can.



Somebody else needs to saddle up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not only do they not broadcast the board meetings public forum on channel 96, but they move around the time and sometimes the day with no notice. So all who set their VCR's last Saturday for 5PM, too bad, it was aired at 6PM.
so much for open government.