Tuesday, August 14, 2007

gadfly

1. A persistent irritating critic; a nuisance.
2. One that acts as a provocative stimulus; a goad.
3. Any of various flies, especially of the family Tabanidae, that bite or annoy livestock and other animals.

I've been called a gadfly again; and I don't like it.

I feel they same about it as when the lawyers of Modrall refer to their victims as "disgruntled former employees".

There is nothing that I have done or stand for that warrants trivialization.

I am standing up for the principle that public servants are accountable to the public by means of honest and transparent accountability to a meaningful standard of conduct, by a system over which they have no control; and even against their will.

and if that makes me a gadfly; then so be it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MAny people who spoke out against an unjust systems or institutions were often called "gadflys" or worse. Hey... you got their attention...I think that's the first step on the road to greatness right there. Keep annoying the hell out of them. If it takes "gadflys" to drive away Hyenas, I'm all for it!