Thursday, August 27, 2015

Valentino confirms the need for an audit(s) of APS' administration

I have been arguing for a long, long time, that there is a need for an independent audit of the administration of the APS.

Embattled APS Supt. Luis Valentino agrees.

The leader among the professional news outlets in the scandal coverage, NM Political Report, comes with an interview, link, and this from Valentino;

From day one, I’ve said we really need to revisit every single system because some of them needed a lot of work. HR was one. That’s why I wanted audits coming in the door. I think I was here one week before I realized that we needed to do that. If we had begun audits in HR, it probably ..."
The revisits of which he speaks are audits.  The systems of which he speaks are departments like Human Resources.  Some of them need a lot of work.  He figured it out in a week.

There is only one difference between the audits I propose and the ones Valentino says we need.  The findings of the audit I propose would be made public; Valentino's would remain secret from stake and interest holders forever - or until pried loose after expensive and interminable litigation.

No comments: