Monday, August 23, 2010

Thaddeus Lucero doing a great job according to Thaddeus Lucero.

Bernalillo County Manager Thaddeus Lucero got twenty column inches in the Journal this morning, link, to rebuild the County's image in the wake of the MATS scandal.

I will give him eighteen of those inches; not because I trust him,
but because I don't feel like checking his "facts".

I take issue with the inches that read;

From the beginning of the MATS incident, I have been proactive in working toward a quick resolution. The county hired an investigator, completed a full review and corresponding report and handed down discipline (none of which was challenged), and all within a period of less than four months, which is unheard of in government time. My quick response demonstrated that I took the situation seriously and that an expeditious investigation was paramount.
"... as county manager I have demonstrated transparency and open government, developed ethics and accountability ..."
The "complete review" and "report" he holds up as an example of his transparency and open government, is redacted beyond usefulness, I presume, by his own hand.

Look at it; read it link.

How can he take an independent investigation, completely redact both the "findings" and the "Conclusion" and then point to it as an example of transparency?

It's like pointing to a public school drop out rate of 50%
and calling it a measure of "success".

What gall.

No comments: