Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Martinez dodges questions at newszr

I attended the news conference where in
DA Susana Martinez
outlined her
Bold Agenda for Education
in New Mexico, link.


Martinez answered eight questions.
(my guess, I will bow to controverting fact)





Then, her Campaign Manager Ryan
Cangiolosi
suddenly cut the newszr short.

I asked him why he cut it short; why
she hadn't answered more questions.

He responded that,
she had other things to do.

I call bullshit.


The question I didn't get to ask was;

Will you guarantee teachers a seat at any table
where their interests are being decided upon?

The question was asked of her later by Mark Bralley.
He reported that her answer was; "hmmm";
before being hustled out of the room by Cangiolosi.

I call double bullshit.

I would also like her to explain why part of her plan is to spend more money on textbooks; a teaching tool of little value to anyone but textbook publishers and their lobbyists and, perhaps the single most expensive and useless tool available to teachers and learners in the age of the internet, Kindle, wikilink, and too many other electronic formats to count.

When she can find the time.




photos Mark Bralley

No comments: