Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The onus is not mine.

Upon reflection, I have decided that I will not send an email to the leadership of the New Mexico Foundation for Open Government pointing out to them that they should not cheapen their Dixon Award by giving it to APS Supt Winston Brooks.

It has been suggested to me that I can follow up on my concerns by means of an email to the folks who want to give him the award. It has been suggested to me that the onus is upon me to keep the process moving.

I have pointed to rotten apples in their barrel,
it is not my responsibility to pick them out.

I'll pass.

Just as with government, is it not my responsibility to police them. It is not reasonably incumbent upon the weak to hold the powerful accountable for their abuse of power; it is theirs. The only first legitimate use of power is to assure that the power cannot be abused. It is up to them to police their own.

It is not power that corrupts, it is the ability to abuse power with accountability that corrupts; absolutely.

The leadership of the NM FOG has until October 10, to figure out how to rid their apple barrel of its rot.

That's the day they will give their Dixon Award to Brooks, despite the fact that he is ready to spend tax dollars litigating the cover up of corruption and incompetence in the leadership of the APS, the denial of due process to whistleblowers, his abdication as senior administrative role model of the APS Student Standards of Conduct and his illegal use of the APS Praetorian Guard to suppress the exercise of constitutionally protected human rights.

That is the day that everyone else who has been given a Dixon Award, will put it in the round file where it will belong.

Brooks should do them a favor and, turn down the "honor".




photo Mark Bralley

No comments: