Friday, January 21, 2011

Journal coverage of Latino/Hispanic Education forum incomplete

In the Journal this morning, link, coverage of the Latino/Hispanic Education Independent Task Force's school board candidate forum.

During the forum, one of the candidates accused the sitting board of

  • covering up felony criminal misconduct involving senior APS administrators,
  • denying due process to more than 300 whistleblower complaints, and
  • abandoning their obligations as role models of the student standards of conduct.
The candidate pointed out that the APS Police Department had been allowed by the school board to investigate its own corruption, link, and four years later, after statutes of limitation have expired, they have not surrendered one shred of evidence or testimony to the DA for prosecution.

There were three board members present; Delores Griego and Marty Esquivel in the front of the room and Lorenzo Garcia in the audience. Not one of them denied the allegations either publicly or privately.

More "newsworthy" according to the Journal, than those allegations was; an attributed quote on Esquivel's opinion on a certifying the APS Police Department;
"... Esquivel said the proposal would free up much-needed funding."
I don't blame the reporter for the Journal's Esquivel bias; she is between a rock and hard place; her obligations as a Journalist and to editors who want to see Esquivel re-elected.

It turns out that is isn't just Kent Walz. I received the following from editor Ellen Marks, in response to an email I had sent to the reporter asking why my blog address had been censored from my responses to the Journal questionnaire;
Hi:

I am Hailey's editor, and I am responding to the e-mail you sent to her.


Although we did not publish the exact address of your blog, we did report the name of it. I just did a search on "Diogenes' Six," and the first link that came up led me directly to your blog. Anyone who wanted to find it could easily do so.


When I first saw a message from you, I thought it would be to thank us for managing to get in the new photo you wanted us to use. We had to remake part of a page, but I was glad we were able to accommodate your request.


Best, Ellen Marks
To which I replied;
I am of course most grateful that you used my new photo, I do appreciate it.

I still do not understand why my response was censored, can you please explain it?


Also, since I have an editor on the line, would you mind telling me why the Journal

will not investigate and report upon;

1. the fact that it has been four years since the corruption in the APS Police Department and the APS Police, investigating their own corruption have not surrendered any evidence of felony criminal misconduct involving APS senior administrators, to the DA ref
http://www.abqjournal.com/news/metro/537182metro02-11-07.htm and that they are hiding the final report of an independent investigation of the corruption by Robert Caswell Investigations.

2. the fact that the APS Board of Education is denying due process to more than 300 whistle blower complaints. Not one complaint has received the review and approval of the Audit Committee as required by board policy, and


3. the fact that the entire leadership of the APS has renounced accountability as role models of the student standards of conduct, and finally


4. the fact that my opponent Marty Esquivel, who I am told works for the Journal, has created an illegal restraining order, enforced by APS' publicly funded private police force ( a Praetorian Guard in every respect) already having arrested me on no less than 10 occasions for exercising my constitutionally protected human rights to free speech and to petition my government.


I would really appreciate a candid, forthright and honest response


grateful for your time and attention,


Charles MacQuigg
To which she is yet to respond.

No comments: