Thursday, January 20, 2011

District 4 race makes it to the Journal

In the Journal this morning, "coverage" of the APS school board race, link.

I am unsettled for two reasons;
they censored my blog address from my responses, and
they invaded my privacy.

The ground rules included a 35 word limit on responses to questions on even the most complex issues. Perhaps they will claim that including this most important piece of information exceeded 35 words. I would invite you to examine the length of answers they permitted else where.

Diogenes' six is where I answer any legitimate question about your interests and my public service candidly, forthrightly and honestly. I have been known to write more than 35 words even on the lesser issues. For the Journal to simply deny voters convenient access to my blog, to their candidate's advantage, is inexcusable. It is journalistic malpractice.

Then they published this;

(Editor's note: Court records show MacQuigg was charged with misdemeanor aggravated battery on a household member in 1996. The case was dismissed, contingent on MacQuigg receiving counseling.)
No one, who does not come to this blog, will read the truth which is;
my then 15 year old daughter intended to engage in series self destructive behaviors beginning with jumping out of a moving car. I did what I had to do to prevent her from hurting herself. I love her very much and would do the same again.

Fortunately that will not be necessary, she and her brother have grown into wonderful and responsible adults. I could not be more proud of both of them.

As I have long argued, public servants have a right to private lives. The fact that I am running for a public office, does not create a warrant to invade my privacy; the right to privacy being a constitutionally protected human right.

Worse than that, the Journal sees fit to publish that, but does not see fit to publish the facts that;
  • Marty Esquivel and Winston Brooks are hiding evidence of felony criminal misconduct involving APS senior administrators, link,
  • denying due process to more than 300 whistle blowers, and
  • shirking their duties as role models of the official APS Student Standards of Conduct
even during an election.

I hold Journal Editor Kent Walz personally responsible.

If for no other reasons than that he and Marty Esquivel gave Winston Brooks a Dixon Award for hiding the February 2007, Robert Caswell Investigations report on public corruption and incompetence in the APS Police Department, and
the Journal's ongoing failure to investigate and report upon the ethics and accountability scandal in the leadership of the APS and,
the fact that he won't report that Marty Esquivel has created an illegal Restraining Order that is preventing me from the free exercise of my constitutionally protected rights to free speech and to petition my government.




frame grab Mark Bralley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ched,
Your reaction and mine were the same when I read that dig in the Journal. It sealed the deal, I'm canceling my subscription to that rag. I get more true information from your blog about APS so why waste the money?

Anonymous said...

I was of the impression ...arrested for,charged with...as used in question 7. Q&A (Journal) was/is a civil rights violation and is legally prohibited by law. But that wouldn't bother the Journal would it? r.