Wednesday, April 28, 2010

DA Susana Martinez does not keep those statistics.

I had emailed the Custodian of Public Records at DA Susana Martinez' Office. I explained that I had heard that, Martinez has been "reversed on appeal" more than most DAs. I asked for a record of that statistic, or in lieu of an actual "record", a candid, forthright and honest answer to the question.

I have received the following from her Office, quoted in significant part; (the rest being a list of the accolades earned by members of their team).

I believe that the information that you were told is incorrect.

Further, I am not aware of anyone with statistics on this topic. I have been with this office as Chief Deputy District Attorney since 1997 (and I have been a prosecutor in New Mexico even longer) and have never been aware of records being kept that would address your question.

Susan M. Riedel
Chief Deputy District Attorney and
Custodian of Records for the
Third Judicial District Attorney's Office


OK, I'll bite. Why not?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about the Court of Appeals?

ched macquigg said...

If I were willing to sit down and read all of the rulings, I could determine the statistic. It isn't worth the effort.