Monday, April 05, 2010

Berry's reaction to "forensic audit" of city government

I have emailed Mayor Richard Berry regarding the forensic audit proposed by City Council President Ken Sanchez, link.


I wrote;

Sir,

Blogger Monahan reports this morning that a proposal is being considered to begin a forensic audit of city government that will expose incompetence, corruption, and the practices that enable them.

I fully support this idea. To the extent I am able, I demand that this review begin at the earliest opportunity, and further that, an ethically redacted report be surrendered to the public at the earliest opportunity.
I have received a response from Berry's Director of Constituent Services, Tito Madrid.
Chad,
thank you for your email. It is my understanding that Councilor Sanchez will make this recommendation to the Mayor. I an mot aware of the timing of this request, but if the Mayor proceeds in that direction, he will share, as appropriate, the findings of the report.
I asked him what "as appropriate" means. Does it mean sharing as little as the law requires, or as much as the law allows?

No response.

Therefore, it seems we can expect to find out as little of the truth as the law requires, which if past performance of city government is any indicator, means very little indeed.

You can almost hear the collective sigh of relief from the
corrupt and the incompetent in city hall.




photo Mark Bralley

No comments: