Friday, November 10, 2006

I am an unworthy messenger

This is about the message, it is not about the messenger.

The message

If we really expect our children to hold themselves honestly accountable to a meaningful standard of conduct; someone has to show them what that looks like.

We walk our talk only by deliberately placing ourselves in a situation where we will be held honestly accountable for our conduct; even against our will.



The messenger

I am in some respects an unworthy messenger.

Except that; in my public service as a member of the school board; I am willing to hold myself honestly accountable to a meaningful standard of conduct; the Pillars of Character Counts; the current student standard of conduct.

I will submit my resignation simultaneous with my first failure to hold myself honestly accountable to that standard.

As for myself, I will neither solicit nor accept any endorsement, except of the message.

My personal worthiness as a member of the school board is the sole prerogative of the voters who will either accept or reject me as their representative.



I am offering an opportunity to stand up against the corruption and incompetence in public service. I am offering an opportunity to begin that crusade by eliminating the corruption and incompetence in the Albuquerque Public Schools.

Honest accountability is fatal to corruption and incompetence. absolutely.

I seek to eliminate the corruption and incompetence in the Albuquerque Public Schools by compelling the Leadership of the Albuquerque Public Schools to hold themselves honestly accountable to a meaningful standard of conduct.


I have talked the talk; I will walk the walk.

I invite your encouragement, your help, and the opportunity to answer any question that you ask. On my honor and on the record.

No comments: