Sunday, July 13, 2014

Thick plottens in BCSD Tellez investigation; who has the ball?

I contacted Kayla Anderson Friday.  She is District Attorney Kari Brandenburg's PIO.

She is the most recent stop in the whac-a-mole that is chasing the truth around in government.

I had been told by the last mole; Bernalillo County Sheriff Dan Houston's PIO Sgt Aaron Williamson;
Investigators are working with the DA’s Office to finalize the investigation.
"Finalize the investigation" means nothing to me and I'm burning through my allotted number of questions* of Williamson, so I went to Anderson.  I brought her up to speed on my information from Williamson and then asked about the "finalization";
I understand that the Bernalillo County Sheriff's Department has completed its investigation and is involved with the District Attorneys Office to "finalize" the investigation.

I am wonder[ing] if you can describe in broad terms, what that means.
 To which she replied;
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with what case you're referring to. Generally speaking, law enforcement submits its completed case to our office for investigation. We then, if the case is a felony, review it to determine if it should be presented to a grand jury. Sometimes during that review process, we determine we need additional evidence (such as dna, CYFD records, etc).

Please let me know if you have further questions.
To which I replied;
I'm referring to the investigation of the former APS Chief of Police Steve Tellez for misappropriating ammunition from APS.

Is it possible to find out if the completed case has actually been submitted?

Would the case be referred to a particular ADA? Anyway of finding out who?
To which she replied;
I don't believe this case has been submitted to our office yet by law enforcement. I suggest you contact law enforcement to confirm if they have submitted it, and if so, what date.
So now what?, I'm supposed to bounce back over to the first PIO to give him another chance to answer a question without really answering it?  And then back to the second, and then back to the first?

With PIOs (in general) you ask a question, you get half an answer, or less.
At this point, I have no complaint over Kayla Anderson's public service - what you see is the sum total of my experience with her and stands on its own.

*Pretty soon, you've burned through your allotted number of questions and your right to ask any more questions is forfeit.  The exact number of questions is determined by whatever politician or public servant with whom you happen to be dealing.  This applies even if the questions are being asked in the capacity of the free exercise of a Constitutionally protected human right to be "the press".

If you continue to ask questions; the public information they spread is; you're a crackpot or worse.

Submitted as proof that PIOs engage in this kind of misconduct;
the slander and libel being spread by one of the highest paid PIOs of all; APS Executive Director of Communication Monica Armenta.

I asked so many questions of her
(it wasn't really the many as much
as it was their difficulty); that
she started slandering and libeling
me to discredit me.

There is evidence that she has
told several people that
I was "in her office everyday"
and stalking her.

On my honor, I don't think I was ever in her office.  If I was, it would have been at her specific insistence.  "Stalking her" - why? to what purpose?

The PIOs and the people they work for, are able to abuse the power and resources they control, to stifle any criticism of their public service.

I wrote a post once entitled, First, we need to kill all the PIOs, link.  The post was about how Public Information Officers, who are supposedly public servants, stand in the way of the people trying to find out about the squandering of their trust and treasure by politicians and public servants.

Armenta, by and through APS' lawyers (for whom taxpayers are paying huge sums of money and without any real oversight) argue that I wrote the post to intimidate Armenta. link.

To the extent that the post even applied to her, it would only be to the extent that she works to mislead the public about the character and competence of APS school board members and APS senior administrators.

PIOs are the first line of defense by those needing to put a polish on their own incompetence and corruption.

In the case of Steve Tellez' public corruption and incompetence; the whac-a-mole between APS, BCSD and District Attorney, has left the people who are footing the bills, with no idea how well their power and resources have been spent and are being spent by
  • the leadership of the APS,  or by
  • the leadership of the Bernalillo County Sheriff's Department, or by
  • their District Attorney.
They have no idea whether their interests are being protected or betrayed.

Chief Tellez has APS COO Brad Winter's ear
The people have no idea
who actually did or
did not do, what.

They know even less
about whether anybody
will be held accountable
for their public corruption and incompetence.

The answer is they won't.
No senior administrator's head will roll.
... just like the last time, link.
... just like every time, link.




photos Mark Bralley

No comments: