Sunday, May 09, 2010

APOA Martinez endorsement questioned

The Political Action Committee of the Albuquerque Police Officers Association, link, endorsed, link, DA Susana Martinez.

At her weekly office hours on Saturday,
Rep Janice Arnold-Jones
expressed her disappointment that she had not been included in the process;
no questionnaire, no interview,

no anything.






I have emailed Daniel J Champine for details. He is the APOA Vice President, and the chair of the committee;

I need some information for a post I am writing on the APOA endorsement of DA Susana Martinez for Governor.

Please give me an outline of the process;
  • how many members on the political action committee? is the membership posted anywhere?
  • did they conduct interviews
  • surveys? and are the surveys posted or available somewhere?
  • review records? which? are they posted or available somewhere?

If there is any other information that might illuminate the process, I would appreciate it.

I am grateful for your time and attention.

ched macquigg

I can't imagine how this is going to shake out honest, but they have an opportunity to explain, defend, deny or acknowledge the injustice in their endorsement process.

Candidate Susana Martinez must have been aware of the (lack of) due process, had the opportunity to decline the "shady" endorsement, and chose not to;
“It is with extreme pride that I accept the endorsement
of the Albuquerque Police Officers’ Association.
- Susana Martinez


New Mexico politics, as usual.




photo Mark Bralley

No comments: