Friday, February 23, 2007

Open letter to Congresswoman Heather Wilson

I write regarding APS Superintendent Beth Everitt's response to your letter regarding the issues of role modeling and the leadership of the APS.

I had submitted that, the leadership of the APS had renounced accountability to any meaningful standard of conduct; including the standard of conduct which they established for students. And therefore had failed to be appropriate role models for APS students.

Further I had alleged that, they have significantly diminished the likelihood that students in the APS will grow to embrace accountability to a higher standard of conduct; such as the Pillars of Character Counts. And that the situation does not serve the best interests of students, or of public schools.

Evidence is a matter of public record; mostly video tapes.
It is absolutely incontrovertible.

Most of the Superintendent’s response dealt not with that issue, but with a personal attack on my conduct. By way of response I will offer the following: the circumstances of every allegation are a matter of public record. I will stand proudly on the evidence, and I will hold myself accountable for my conduct.

In the remainder of the letter, Superintendent Everitt deliberately stonewalled the issue. According to Character Counts doctrine; she lied to avoid having to either deny or admit the truth.

Many of these 98,000 students are your constituents, and their interests are threatened by this conduct. Leading by bad example is every bit as effective in shaping children's behavior; as leading by good example.

I know that you share the belief that we must teach our children about honor and courage and character by our personal example, and

I will appreciate your continued interest and attention to this situation.

Respectfully,

Ched MacQuigg

No comments: