Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Two lawyers watch over Esquivel's interests

I was deposed yesterday.  The deposition was interrupted by previous obligation of mine, and so, will be continued.  After a nearly full day of deposition, I remain confident that the truth exonerates me.

Three lawyers sit opposite me and my lawyer.

One of them represents the board and the individual defendants, two represent APS School Board President Marty Esquivel.

I have been told that I am not allowed to ask them any questions about

  • their contracts with the district, 
  • about the oversight over spending of public power and resources, and, 
  • about whether they are both billing taxpayers during depositions.
I believe they are legitimate questions.
I believe I have a right to ask them.

I am informed that I must ask all questions through my lawyer.

Frankly, I'd rather he asking more important questions.

Which is not to say, those legitimate questions
are in any way, unimportant.

No comments: