Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Tellez models Trustworthiness, but not very well

APS Police Chief Steve Tellez swore to tell the truth during his deposition today, and did not.

He made stuff up entirely and misrepresented even more.

It's beginning to sound like a broken record; them claiming I've done all this awful stuff, and then admitting that they have nothing but conflicted testimony to corroborate it.  There isn't any videotape, there isn't any audio, and there aren't any photographs of me doing anything, ever, that even remotely justifies a lifetime ban from exercising at board meetings, my several constitutionally protected human rights to participate.

A clear case in point; Tellez testified that he "watched a videotape" of me sneaking into a side door of the castle keep at 6400 Uptown Blvd.  I absolutely deny the allegation.  He cannot produce the video tape he swore he watched.  He offered no explanation why he did not preserve evidence of what I suppose would have been criminal trespass.

UPDATE: the transcript has been produced; his actual words from page 206 lines 9-14

9 On at least two occasions he had somebody
10 go through one of the side doors, and open the door
11 for him so he could come in through one of the side
12 doors. And one of my officers saw him on the cameras
13 doing that, and so he went to the side door and
14 denied him access to the building in that instance.


Tellez testified, if memory and poor note taking skill serve,
there are 14 pan, swivel and tilt video cameras on the first floor of their castle keep, being watched twenty-four, seven.  There are six certified, badge wearing gun toting APS Police officers in City Centre and they routinely pay cops to do nothing but watch me.  They have investigated me, they have had surveillance on me.  In nearly a ten years, they haven't managed to create and maintain any evidence that justifies banning me from board meetings; no video, no audio, no still camera footage.

I claim existing video, audio and stills show me trying to hold the leadership of the APS accountable for their conduct and competence.  I claim the evidence is of their resistance to honest accountability to meaningful standards of conduct even for the few hours a day they hold students accountable to higher standards of conduct than the law. 

I have they allege,  "taken thousands of photographs of APS Executive Director of Communications Monica Armenta." All of their evidence altogether shows I taken only a few; all entirely justifiable.

Tellez alleged that I have on many occasions, taken a fighting stance; fists clenched, about to attack; that I have repeatedly invaded personal spaces; repeatedly leaned over people to intimidate them and, God knows what else; and no real evidence to show.  Only conflicted testimony.

Tellez swore; I sobbed, head in hands, in the lobby of his police force, whining about how unfairly the APS Police force was treating me.  Bullshit.  And again, no video, no audio, no nothing.

Tellez could have, if he had ever wanted to, donned a lapel camera like any decent cop does.. He could have turned it on every time I misbehaved - like any decent cop would.  He could have but he didn't; they never do.  Why not?

Tellez mad dogged me twice during his deposition.
I called him on it by interrupting inappropriately.
It will cost me points - it is what it is.

Tellez testified he is the Chief of a police "department".  If I understand the situation correctly, they really are not a police "department" at all.  For as long as they are not, they are prohibited from ever again self-investigating felony criminal misconduct and hiding the findings from the District Attorney and public knowledge.

Tellez testified that a kid who gets caught with a knife at school faces two possible fates.   If they get caught by a city cop, the kid goes to jail.  If APS police are called, an " administrative solution" will be applied to "technically criminal" offenses.  Administrators decide whether to create "records of criminal misconduct" that count against them in their claim to be reducing criminal misconduct in their schools.  It's called an appearance of a conflict of interests.

The records of weapons possession by APS students is being
skewed.  It all depends on who gets to the offender first;
  1. a city cop or deputy sheriff, or
  2. a member of APS' publicly funded, private police force.


Click to enlarge

Tellez admitted that an emblem adorns his police cars and his left shoulder.  The emblem includes the Pillars of Character Counts!.

He never actually said;
I am the senior-most role model of the Pillars of Character Counts! in the entire APS police force.  
And he sure as hell never said;
and I am willingly to hold myself honestly accountable to the same standards of conduct as students, staff, administration and school board members; the Pillars of Character Counts!, a nationally recognized, accepted and respected code of ethical conduct.

I was told in teacher training that no student's project is worthless;
it can always serve as a bad example.
I never found that as funny as did the people who said that kind of thing.

We have no use for bad examples in education.  Of all of the endeavors of mankind, none needs to be more free of bad examples than education.

If we really want children to grow to embrace character and courage and honor; someone has to show them what it looks like.

Bad examples cannot do that.  Nor can a time worn fable
about a little boy, a shiny new ax and a cherry tree.

Character is taught by example.
Character is taught only by example.
Leadership is by personal example.




photos Mark Bralley

No comments: