Friday, August 16, 2013

APS Director of Risk Management sez; "I'm not going to answer that"

The question I had asked APS Director of Risk Management Mike Wilson was; am I reporting correctly that you are the highest ranking person in the APS who is providing oversight over spending in the defenses School Board President Marty Esquivel and APS Supt Winston Brooks?

Lawyers on both his flanks explained to me the because we are in litigation; questions have to go through the lawyers.  I asked if I was being told that there is not a single person in the APS that I can still ask questions of directly, and told that is correct.

Mike Wilson is an APS senior administrator.  He is also a senior role model of standards of conduct that require a willingness to "do more than the law requires, and less than the law allows".  He is a senior role model because there is no logical argument that excepts him from accountability to the same standards as his boss Winston Brooks.

An effort is being made to cover up the fact that Brooks and Esquivel are spending without oversight; subordinate oversight is oxymoronic.

"I'm not going to answer that." is not an acceptable response to a legitimate question about public servants and their public service.

It may be "legal",
it is not acceptable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh the irony! Read the journals editorial entitled "Police oversight panel restores public comment".

Why won't they even acknowledge that the same thing they are against is currently happening in the APS boardroom?