Sunday, January 14, 2007

“…the vindictive tone” of my posts

A reader has pointed out that my posts have a vindictive tone; so I have given the issue some thought.

I concede the point.

But it would be wrong if readers concluded that I am running for the board only to be vindicated.

I have two agendas, my personal agenda and my agenda for public service.

My agenda for service on the school board is;

1. absolute transparency in the exercise of power and the spending of resources
2. meaningful site based management
3. restoring of the authority of adults over students in schools
4. the commitment of power and resources to problem solving and to no other purpose.
5. to establish for the APS, a reputation of character and competence worthy of taxpayer and community support
6. to defend the board against a Mayoral takeover
7. to enable and support innovative teaching, and
8. to establish for public servants, while in their public service in the APS; honest accountability to a meaningful standard of conduct

If I can succeed in passing that agenda, I believe that public interests will be well served.

If I can succeed in passing that agenda, my personal interests will be served as well.

I don’t see the problem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see nothing wrong with serving your own agenda while serving the public, it is done every day by every APS employee. They get paid for doing work that helps kids. Board Members are not compensated except for "per diem", I believe. Uncompensated elected officials SHOULD get a sense of personal satisfaction out of service.

Thanks for the recap on your positions, better focus on exact issues, I understand them better now. And, again, I think its fine to have spirited rants, its AMERICAN to speak up about injustice; I provided some directions on another post about APS Security-Police, those are the kind of details I am talking about, work that into your information requests, make requests regarding who gets special deputy commissions that are not part of a STATUTORILY EMPOWERED POLICE DEPARTMENT. I know APS gets commissions without an ORI number who else has arrest powers that are not actual police officers per state law?