Friday, January 19, 2007

On the subject of my personal agenda

My personal agenda, like my personal life, is personal.

Of however many beats remain in my heart, I am willing to spend some part of them in public service. The stakeholders in my public service have an absolute right to question my public service. My service will be transparent. I will see that the public interests in their public schools are in fact, illuminated. I will answer questions in writing and on the record. Or I will resign.

The stakeholders in my personal life have the right to ask questions about my personal life.

Beyond that, stakeholders have my promise that my personal agenda will not interfere with theirs.

I warrantee that promise with my signed resignation.

Voters will decide if that is a fair arrangement.

No comments: