Monday, December 08, 2014

Slander campaign renewed in anticipation of School Board election

I've been told by a reliable source that APS Chief of Police Steve Gallegos has told people that I am following him around.

Further, that he is trying to find out what kind of vehicle I drive.  Why would he need that information except to follow me around?

Gallegos has reason to "fear" me.
  • I have filed a number of complaints against him and 
  • I am trying to prove that he is part of a conspiracy to cover up a cover up of felony criminal misconduct involving senior APS administrators, (the findings of an investigation he oversaw, are part of the records been hidden and which name the names of senior APS administrators involved in felony criminal misconduct and the subsequent cover ups and
  • I'm paying more attention than he would like to have paid, to the fact that he apparently cannot regularly qualify with the pistol he is required to carry.
I have no reason to follow him anywhere.  What would be the point?  In so doing, I would have everything to lose and absolutely nothing to gain. It's complete fabrication.

Armenta, speaking at the
meeting we both attended.
Gallegos is not the first APS heavy hitter to claim I'm following them.

APS Executive Director of Communications Monica Armenta swore under penalty of law that I had been "following her in my truck".

When she was deposed under oath, she had to admit the truth; she and I happened to end up in the same place, link, and she assumed that I must have followed her there.

The leadership of the APS has a modus operandi when it comes to people filing complaints against them;
they do everything they can to destroy the credibility of the complainant; slander, libel, you name it; whatever the law allows; whatever it takes to escape honest, actual accountability, rather than respond to the complaint itself.

Their M O serves two purposes;
  1. it encourages complainants to accept settlements that contain admissions of no guilt rather than continue a fight to hold individual administrators and school board members accountable for their misconduct, and
  2. it discourages future complainants from filing complaints.  A recent (enough) audit by the Council of the Great City Schools found a "culture of fear of ... retaliation" against whistleblowers and other complainants.
That they use operational dollars, dollars that would
and should be spent in classrooms instead,
to underwrite the legal weaselry that enables them to
attack complainants rather than address complaints,
is utterly indefensible.

Still waiting for the Journal, or any of KRQE, KOAT, KOB TV or DCF, to investigate and report upon the millions of operational dollars the leadership of the APS spends on litigation every year; litigation in the interests of the likes of Marty Esquivel, and manifestly against the public interests.




photo Mark Bralley


No comments: