Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Step away from the brownies!

Whenever APS hosts a press conference, community goals setting meeting, bullying forum, or similar public meeting, they lay out the goodies.



As a participant in any of these public meetings, I am as entitled to a brownie or two, as any other taxpayer, retired teacher, community member and/or member of the press.

APS Supt Winston Brooks hosted a presser at West Mesa High School. It's purpose was to put the best spin possible on APS' gradation rate.

As a rule, I keep my distance from people I am suing in Federal Court.  In particular the ones who tell people I that I'm stalking them, link.  People like APS Executive Director of Communications Monica Armenta.

There are a lot of questions that I would like to ask these people.  I don't ask them because I don't want to get near them in circumstances they can misrepresent, link.

Distance is a good shield, that, and more recording devices than you can shake a stick at.

For those reasons, I was keeping my distance from Winston Brooks.

Nevertheless, on my way out of the building and munching a brownie, Brooks and I passed each other at a distance where he could be heard to say something like;
I see MacQuigg found the food!
I'm not the only one who can find food at these things, and on the most fundamental level, he is no more entitled to public resources than I.  I reminded him, that I helped pay for them.

Were he only so tightfisted with the other $1.3B we entrust to him and board.

The man has issues, link.  He is a named respondent a number of lawsuits alleging his bullying and misogyny.

Did they come up in his evaluation?
God, Brooks and the board only know.

But your brownies are safe.




photos Mark Bralley

No comments: