Saturday, January 19, 2013

Question asking opportunity promised


I can't speak to the original source of the flier, but since it carries APS' logo, it's fair to assume APS had something to do with creating it.

What is so highly unusual about the flier is the promise that attendees can
"ask questions of the school board member candidates ..."
Really? this would be the first time APS has ever allowed the direct questioning of candidates.

The usual MO is to solicit questions which are then accumulated, consolidated, reworded and then asked by someone other than a forum attendee.  The process has been used repeatedly before in order to protect candidates from inconvenient questions.

At a similar forum for the candidates for superintendent, I held up a poster asking if any one of them was willing to step up as an honest to God role model of accountability to student standards of conduct.  I was asked by the moderator, a lady from the League of Women Voters, if I would move far enough away from the candidates that they could not see my poster.

I respectfully declined.  I explained to her, that would defeat the entire purpose of the poster in the first place.

I would love to go to this forum to ask the candidates if they are willing to step up as honest to God role models of APS Student Standards of Conduct; the Pillars of Character Counts!.  It is an inconvenient question, so I will not be allowed to ask it - this according to the unlawful restraining order created by School Board enforcer Marty Esquivel

No comments: